Software Support Warranty
DuVoice messaging systems come with 90 days of technical support & upgrades and a twelve month hardware warranty. Additional annual support and warranty agreements are available from DuVoice. Contact you reseller or DuVoice representative for more information.
Extended Support Warranty
The Extended Hardware Warranty continues the initial 12 month warranty covering failures and defects in DuVoice supplied hardware and software. Annual End User cost starts at 5% of MSRP per year.
Parts Availability DuVoice maintains an inventory of replacement components for all systems eligible for coverage under this plan.
Advanced Replacement Once DuVoice technicians have identified a hardware problem, we will ship the replacement part directly to the site.
- Resolved an issue with non-printable characters in the name fields of guest mailboxes causing InnDesk to crash.
- Includes InnDesk 1.70.10
- Resolves an issue with Logout, not releasing a an InnDesk license.
- Resolves an issue broken in 5.20.036 which would not allow users of InnDesk to edit guest rooms settings.
- Fixed issue in Hostel serial connection to drop a packet if it takes to long to receive.
If you are using OpenDNS as your DNS, InnDesk and other DuVoice services may not work. This is because OpenDNS does not return 127.0.0.1 when an application queries the DNS name localhost.
There are two ways to resolve this issue, one change your DNS server. Second is to edit the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\hosts file and uncomment the lines for 127.0.0.1 and ::1 by removing the pound sign and all leading spaces.
Hoteliers face a never-ending battle with credit card thieves. A common ploy is for the thief to call a guest room posing as front desk staff and request that the guest confirm credit card information. Repeated calls through the receptionist are a recognized red flag, so the thief must find a way to access guest rooms unassisted using house phones, automated attendant, and transfer from voice mail.
- Automated Attendant: The next avenue for the thief is to place calls to guest rooms through the automated attendant. With the DuVoice system it is a simple matter to block direct dialing to the guest room through the automated attendant. Depending on dial plan, you can either limit leading digits that are allowed for extension dialing, or guests and the automated attendant can be placed in separate non-shared locations.
- House Phones: Replace hotel house phones with dial-less ‘ringdown’ instruments that automatically call the hotel receptionist and cannot be used to call a guest room directly.
Thieves also attempt to call guest rooms by calling an un-occupied staff telephone, forwarding to voice mail greeting of that extension, and then using transfer features out of that mailbox to reach guest rooms one after the other. There are several ways to configure DuVoice to defeat them.
- Dial Plan: Create a dial plan where guest rooms have a different leading digit than staff extensions. Edit the Single Digit Action (SDA) used by staff telephones such that that leading digit is not allowed to dial an extension.
- Staff Mailboxes: In DuVoice programming, assign a COS to staff telephones that is in a different location than that of the guest telephones and make those locations not shared.
- Staff Mailboxes: In DuVoice programming, disable extension dialing altogether from SDAs used on staff telephones.
Using any or all of these strategies will help defeat credit card fraud criminals in their attempts to use the telephone system to defraud guests.
Download this as a PDF: Battling Credit Card Fraud in Hospitality (1)
- Resolved an issue with InnDesk 1.7 and guest names which contained characters higher than 126 decimal.
- Moved backup shortcut to Utilities.
- Resolved an issue with restore not removing existing folders prior to restore.
- Added Failed Wakeup call report.
- Corrected a logging issue in 5.20.033.
- Minimum check for new messages for Reply-To-Delete set to 30 seconds.
- Added ability to perform a full backup and restore. Backup is automatically performed every night at 11:30.
- Mailbox administration now enforces minimum password length when resetting the password.
- Modified SDA processing in system mailboxes so any option assigned to the NI action that will cause an infinite loop will now default to acting the same as Replay Greeting.
- Support for Avaya Aura SM CS1000 added to setup wizard.
- Support for IPitomy added to setup wizard.
- Changed Nortel code for sending message count from IS QC to IS VC.
- Added #02##m# to RNA codes on all SIP integration templates.
- Major update to the manual.
- Improvements to the Trace Display application.
- Logging for Martec now logs as “Martec” not “EAS”, to avoid confusion.
- Log files are now compatible with Notepad.
- Logging has been improved in ACMSRVR to better distinguish if more than one ACM PBX is connected.
- Includes InnDesk version 1.7
- Resolved an issue with completed report not showing results.